Wednesday, April 21, 2010

broken rib stitch scarf and ribbed hat






The Broken Rib Stitch scarf and hat set is made out of my new favorite yarn by Lion Brand called "thick n quick". It's super chunky and knits up really fast which is obviously satisfying that you can start a project and finish it so quickly.

The hat is a very basic pattern that I follow all the time for most of my hats. It's a simple rib stitch that I made extra long so there was room to fold over a brim.

The scarf is broken rib stitch which is just a version of ribbing in a K2, P2 pattern. So to cast on it is an even number (I did 20) and then add an extra 3 stitches (so I had 23). Follow the K2, P2 pattern till the last three, then do K2, P1. Follow this for every row. The extra purl stitch is what makes the "broken" rib for the next row. I added tassels on and... ta da!

This is a great yarn and an easy pattern for a warm set for cold Chicago winters!

No comments:

Post a Comment