Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the Vogue Scarf- Part I


For Christmas my Aunt Shelly gave me this AMAZING (seriously, one of the top best gifts ever) peel-a-day-off calendar that had a new stitch from Vogue Knitting on each day. I know you're not supposed to, but I went through the whole calendar and picked a stitch to use with another amazing Christmas gift I got... this beautiful dark turquoise yarn from my step-Grandmother, Rosemary. So this stitch was from August 26th and I hate to say that it was actually called the Faggoting Pattern (I swear, it was in VOGUE) but this was the one that I felt worked best with what I was trying to make. Just to prove this is a real thing (Faggoting Lace), check out this... believe me now?

I guess this term explains a Lace-type pattern in which every stitch is either an increase or a decrease... which explains my YO, and K2tog pattern well. The YO adds one on, the pulling two knit stitches together takes one away. Whatever.

It was actually an easy pattern:
Knit 1, Yarn Over (YO), Knit 2 together (K2tog)

This obviously has to be cast in multiples of three, and I chose to cast on 27 stitches because I wanted it to be nice and thick.

It's literally just that same row over and over. Once I got in the groove, it went pretty fast. It's nice and long and took exactly 2 skeins to create. I used size 6 circular needles (I find it easier to use circulars easier sometimes, especially for the smaller needles) and it was just a Cascade 220 Superwash Wool. I love it! It's a bouncy scarf and I have one skein left to make a hat with next!

So thanks to my family members who contributed to this, I am actually going to KEEP this one for myself :-)

PS- does this need tassels? I can't decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment