Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby Booties



These were one of those projects that is WAAAAAAY easier than it looks. I took the pattern from one of my knitting buddies, Lizzie, who promised me they were quick and easy. I decided to try out the pattern for a co-worker, Tracy, who is due in a few weeks and doesn't know what she's having.

I chose a "silver sage" color of a cotton/wool blend (washable) and it was very easy to work with. On size 7 straight needles I followed the pattern below and finished them off with a little bow and tied them together with a "congrats" tag...

They were a big hit and took about 30 minutes each foot.

These instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ). Cast on 28 (36-44) sts. Knit 2 rows (garter st).

Next row: (RS). Inc 1 st in first st. Knit to end of row.Rep last row 5 times more. 34 (42-50) sts.Knit 4 (6-8) rows.

Next row: (RS). K1. K2tog. Knit to end of row.Rep last row 5 times more. 28 (36-44) sts.Shape cuff: Cast off 4 (6-7) sts beg next 2 rows. 20 (24-30) sts.

Place marker at each end of last row. Knit 8 rows. Cast off loosely.

FINISHING: Fold Bootie in half, matching markers. Sew foot seam to markers. I just wound all the ends in and then flipped the bootie inside out and folded over the cuffs. Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment